Beware the "do-it-yourself" alarm systems
"DIY" (do-it-yourself) alarm systems and "cheap home security tricks" have been used by homeowners for decades. After all, many homeowners still mistakenly believe that their dog is the only alarm system they need. But today, social media has made it even easier for people to be misled about dangerous, very ineffective DIY home security systems.
These systems are generally marketed as a low-cost alternative to professionally installed alarm systems. "Just place a few sensors throughout your home and never worry about burglars again!"
Sounds too good to be true, right? That's because it is. The advertising for these systems (often seen on Facebook and other random websites) is extremely misleading. These systems have numerous faults and they don't come close to the level of security that you NEED to keep your home and family safe.
Why the "DIY" systems are dangerous:
- Not professionally installed: a real home security system requires a pro who is properly trained in home security installation and electrical work.
- No back-up systems: if the DIY system's batteries die, or power goes out, the system becomes inoperable and completely useless.
- No monitoring: This is the big on! 24/7 monitoring by a professional monitoring center is CRITICAL for home security. Without it, authorities will never know you needed help, before it's too late.
- No smoke/CO detection: Burglary isn't the only threat to your safety at home. A Security Doctors home security system not only protects you from intruders, but also smoke and carbon monoxide – two major causes of injury and death in the home.
- Cheap parts: the technology and components in many DIY security products were created in someone's basement. Think about that. Do you really want to trust such a product to protect your life and your family's safety? At Security Doctors, we ONLY use state-of-the-art alarm technologies produced by some of the biggest companies in the world, like Honeywell, which has been perfecting home security for generations!
- No one to call when you need help: With a cheap DIY system purchased online, you are on your own to figure it out and deal with the consequences when the system doesn't work. When you choose Security Doctors, you always have trained professionals to answer your questions and ensure your system is working properly and providing you with an unmatched level of protection.
Why take the risk of losing everything, just to save a few bucks?
Secure your home, family and possessions the right way by calling Security Doctors. Our systems are not only the most advanced and easy to use on the market – they're also affordable. Give us a call to learn more about your options and we'll find a security solution that's right for your needs.